7 Unusual Ways a Damp Home Can Affect Your Health
Your house should be your safe place. But without proper care, your home can turn on you and your health, making it a miserable place to be in. Dampness in a home can have some surprising effects on the health of you and your family. Dampness and poor ventilation can enhance the growth of mold in your home.
Learn how mold may be affecting your health and how you can help make your home a safe retreat again.
Every person experiences different effects when exposed to mold and dampness. Some less-sensitive individuals may experience no health complications, while others remain extremely sensitive to it. Mold can cause many health issues including:
- Throat irritation
- Stuffiness of the nasal passages
- Eye irritation
- Skin irritation
- Lung infection
If you or your loved one has a mold allergy, you may be facing the more severe end of concerns on this list. The biggest concern is lung infection. You are at risk for lung infection if you have a mold allergy, experience chronic lung illnesses, or have a compromised immune system.
Research has shown that there is a direct correlation to the presence of mold and respiratory problems. If you are suffering from a damp home and believe there is mold growing in your home, it is extremely important to act fast and eliminate it. All Dry USA is here to help you in this time of crisis. We will eliminate mold while restoring your home from water damage. We understand how important the health of you and your family is.
Mold in Your Home
Mold grows in places that have a large amount of moisture. There may be moisture in your home due to leaking pipes, a leaky roof, or flooding. This can leave your home susceptible to mold. Infestations can grow on cardboard, wood, paints, carpet, upholstery, drywall, wallpaper, and fabrics.
Luckily, there are many ways to prevent mold growth from occurring. Preventative measures include:
- Fixing leaking pipes and roofs in a timely manner
- Controlling humidity in your home
- Ensuring your home has proper ventilation in the laundry, shower, and kitchen
- Cleaning and drying thoroughly after flooding occurs
If you suspect there is mold in your home, it is important to know what to look for so you can act fast. Mold typically grows in spot formations. These spots may vary in color and often smell of must.
If you have identified mold in your home, you are likely at risk for serious health issues and should act as soon as possible to get rid of the infestation.
How to Get Rid of Mold and Dampness
Now that you have identified your mold problem, it is time to fix it. You may be tempted to take up the task of eliminating this problem your own. However, we highly recommend you leave this to the professionals. All Dry USA’s team of licensed professionals have many years of experience with water damage restoration and mold elimination. Our team will work quickly and efficiently to not only solve your mold problem but also prevent in from occurring in the future.
We know that mold can grow in hidden places that you may not be aware of, and the dampness in your home can be from a range of issues. All Dry USA is ready to find the root of your home’s dampness to ensure that no more hazards will sprout up to threaten your health or your home.
There are many benefits to hiring a team of professionals to fix your home’s dampness, including:
- 24/7 Availability – A professional team is able to take your call and begin work in your home quickly. We understand that time is of the essence to ensure that no further damage is done to your home or your health.
- Reduced Damage – We can determine which parts of your home are salvageable in order to save you time and money. You may be tempted to toss furniture and other items that have become moldy, but this is often unnecessary.
- Lasting Solutions – Targeting the true source of your home’s dampness will ensure that the issue will be resolved so that you don’t have to worry about future mold issues. This will save you money and save your health!