What Should You Look for in Mold Removal Pros?
Mold removal is intimidating because of how significant the infestations can become. It’s hard to know where to begin, who to call, and what kind of quotes to consider. Luckily, it doesn’t have to be as daunting as it may seem from the outside. True professionals like our experts here at All Dry USA can walk you through the process from start to finish, taking care of logistics and not pulling the wool over your eyes when it comes to pricing.
Before you hire a mold removal company, here’s what you should know to make sure you’re getting the best job done at the best price.
Verifying Your Mold
The easiest way to verify you have mold is by seeing it. At that point, it’s usually pretty easy to tell if it’s mold or not. Some may say that testing the mold before seeking treatment is necessary, but the truth is that it’s usually just another cost to pay before actually solving the problem. No healthy home should have visible mold, so if you see it, you’re already in need of treatment no matter what.
Any company that requires costly testing ahead of time is not worth your time.
Your quoted price is based on the size of the infestation. It can be quite costly, often going over $1000 for treatment. However, that doesn’t mean you should accept the first quote you get. If you have any worry that the quote might be too high, it doesn’t hurt to get a few more quotes to compare.
On the other hand, if you’re quoted much less than you anticipated paying, you should also be skeptical. If a company charges uncharacteristically low quotes, then they may be cutting corners. You want to make sure the job is well done or it’s worth no money at all, so be careful.
Keep in mind the overhead costs for mold removal specialists. They must pay for certifications, insurance, and workers compensation, so you should expect to pay more than you would for a normal handyman. It’s worth the small extra cost for a job done properly.
Also keep your treatment contained. If there’s a bit of mold in a bedroom, that doesn’t mean the entire four walls need to be knocked down. Treat the spots that need to be treated only, and you’ll save a lot of money. Don’t be fooled by a company that wants to start from scratch for the sake of a higher cost.
Read more: How much are plumbers per hour
What to Expect from the Best
A qualified and seasoned mold remediation specialist will be able to explain your problem to you. They should be able to identify your mold correctly and explain the necessary steps for removal. You want to see them speaking of the job comfortably and with their expert knowledge of the matter.
Once you find a good one on paper, this is what to look for when they arrive at your home:
- Safety gear is absolutely necessary with mold. They should be protecting not only themselves but also you and the rest of your home with plastic sheeting to keep the spores from spreading.
- You should see high-quality equipment being used such as HEPA air scrubbers, vacuums, dehumidifiers and ventilators.
- Once mold is removed, the affected air should be treated with an air scrubber to eliminate airborne spores.
- They should replace affected materials such as drywall, insulation, and baseboards. It’s almost impossible to clean these materials back to the condition they were in prior to the mold infestation, so they should be fully replaced.
- Antimicrobial chemicals should be used to clean the treated area afterwards.
- Don’t underestimate experience. The best pros have been doing their job for a while, and they have the reviews and ratings to back it up. They’ve seen a lot and can handle any mold problem.
- Check out what people have to say about their services. Look online at the ratings and reviews and ensure that previous customers have been happy with their experience.
- Make sure you know what you’re getting into. Restoration and remediation are different things, and restoration can cost much more. This is because of the materials used to rebuild. If all you want is treatment and remediation, make sure that’s all you’re paying for.
Treat Your Problem
If you notice mold in your home, get it taken care of as soon as possible. Our experts are more than happy to help you solve your mold problems with our mold treatment service. Call All Dry USA today.
- How Much Does It Cost to Install New Drywall? - 22 May, 2023
- How To Prepare Your Business for a Flood - 17 May, 2023
- Mold in the Workplace: All You Need To Know - 15 May, 2023