24 May Here’s Why Tile & Grout Cleaning Is Important
Your carpets need regular cleaning to get rid of stains, dirt, odors, and allergens. Similarly, the tile and grout in your home also require professional cleaning on a regular basis. The following reasons are why this is such an important part of household maintenance.
The Risky Areas of the Home
With time mildew, mold and dirt will build up on the surface of the tile. These contaminants will leech down into the grout between the tiles. At best, this will simply mar the look of your tile. At worst, these dangerous irritants can build up and create an unsafe living environment.
This is a big issue in high-traffic areas where conditions are perfect for mold and mildew. Areas of high risk include:
- Bathrooms with poor ventilation
- Showers that aren’t cleaned regularly
- Backsplashes throughout the kitchen
- Other areas of the kitchen or bathroom that are much harder to reach to clean
Cleaning your tile and grout yearly will remove this build-up and restore the cleanliness of your tile and grout.
Besides health concerns, there are aesthetic considerations as well. Tile and grout that has not received professional cleaning can look noticeably stained, aged, dirty and unappealing. A pro will clean the tile and grout to make everything look like new.
When Do You Bring in an Expert?
A good rule of thumb for hiring a professional is when mildew and mold first appear. You might also call in the pros when the tile and grout begin to look old or stained. Professional companies will have extensive experience in cleaning and sealing grout and tile. They will assess the type of tile you have in your home to determine the most appropriate cleaning methods and solutions. This way your tile and grout will look it’s best without being damaged.
Sealing the grout will prevent the dirt, water, and grime from becoming trapped in the porous surface. Even if you have had a professional cleaning in the past, remember that the sealant can wear off over time. This can cause it to need replacement in order to maintain the appearance.
If it has been longer than a year since you cleaned your tile and grout, then it is time to contact a professional service. Using a professional like All Dry USA to clean your tile and grout will:
- Extend the life of your tiled flooring
- Improve the appearance of your tile and grout
- Help maintain you and your family’s health
Benefits of Regularly Cleaning Your Tile and Grout
These are five of the most common benefits of tile and grout cleaning:
- You won’t have to worry about chipping or damage. It will take much more than just soapy water and vinegar to get rid of deep stains. But, if you use harsh chemicals or tools that are abrasive, you could damage or loosen the grout and tiles. This can cause problems down the road. A professional cleaner will not just take care to prevent this type of damage from occurring. They also will fix the problem if the tile or grout does become damaged.
- The cleanliness lasts longer. A professional cleaner will determine what is causing your tiles to become dirty. They will then use the proper tools and methods to remove mold and grime. They will remove and restore the affected grout from the tiles as well. This can keep you from having to constantly wash and scrub the tiles every few days to keep them clean.
- Professionals have the right tools. Professional cleaners are going to have the proper tools for cleaning and sanitizing bathroom and kitchen tiles. This eliminates the need for you to rent or buy expensive cleaning systems.
- You will have to deal with less maintenance. Professional cleaners will make your tiles look brand new. In turn, this process will increase the longevity of the tiling, which means reduced maintenance. After a pro cleans your tiles and grout, you will only have to touch it up every few weeks with a little mild detergent and water.
- The clean-up won’t be as messy. What may work on the tiles in your bathroom might not work on different tiles in the kitchen. If you use the wrong cleaner, you could stain or permanently damage the tiles. This will cost more money over time. Professional cleaners know which products work best and can apply them without making and leaving a mess.
Getting your tile and grout cleaned by a professional is an important task. It will improve the look of any tiled areas in your home. In addition to looking good, your floors and walls will also remain clean and hygienic for a long time. For a professional tile and grout clean, call All Dry USA today!
Latest posts by Ben Suiskind (see all)
- Found Mold on Furniture or Upholstery? Here’s What to Do - 24 May, 2019
- Easy Ways to Keep Your Carpet Looking & Smelling Fresh - 24 May, 2019
- 7 Unusual Ways a Damp Home Can Affect Your Health - 24 May, 2019