09 Aug What Mold Type Are You?
How bad is mold? We know the smell isn’t pleasant with food. We also know the look of mold is even worse. What the average homeowner doesn’t know is the other types of mold that are unseen. These other types of mold can grow and permeate behind walls, above ceilings, and under the floor.
All Dry USA offers their mold remediation service in Goshen, NY if you need to get rid of dangerous mold types in your home or business. Our team of professionals will identify any hidden mold and take the necessary steps to get rid of it.
Check out the different types of mold that can grow in your home.
- Stachybotrys – grow on high cellulose material like wood, wicker, hay, paper, and cardboard. Also, commonly referred to as “Black Mold”.
- Aspergillus – This is the most common type of household mold, and it has over 185 species.
- Cladosporium – has over 30 species and these fungi are known to cause skin lesions, keratitis and nail fungus, sinusitis, asthma, and pulmonary infections.
- Mucor – These are commonly found in A/C systems and ducts. They grow fast and are a whitish – grayish color.
- Penicillin – This mold is found in soil, food, grains, paint, carpet, wallpaper, interior fiberglass duct installation, and rotting vegetation.
- Acremonium – Produces very potent mycotoxins and have the ability to damage the immune system.
- Fusarium – is a common soil fungus. They can produce trichothecene toxins which can produce alimentary toxic aleukia.
For additional information regarding household mold, please consult the mold guide on the Environment Protection Agency’s website. If you suspect mold in your home, please contact the mold remediation professionals at All Dry USA for immediate response.