22 Aug What is Mold Remediation?
Have you ever smelled a funky odor in your home? Perhaps you suspected mold but was unsure what the smell was, or don’t know anything about mold remediation. We offer mold remediation in Skokie, IL and the surrounding areas. There can be a lot of uncertainty around mold if you’ve never dealt with it before. These are the steps to take if you have mold in your home.
1. Assessment: Call a professional to come in & evaluate your water damage.
2. Water Extraction: Standing water is removed with high-powered tools. Any wet carpets, padding & insulation are removed.
3. Mold Prevention: An antimicrobial agent is applied to prevent mold growth. The agent is EPA approved & safe for pets & children.
4. Dehumidification: Dehumidifiers & air movers are placed to help remove moisture. This improves evaporation & prevents further damage.
5. Restoration: Damaged items are cleaned & sanitized. Any necessary repairs are made to affected surfaces.
*Depending on the assessment, remediation may require containment. You would still be able to live in your home if containment is necessary (depending on the affected areas).
The first and most important step is to have a mold certified professional assess the damage. They will be able to provide and recommend the specifics for mold remediation. You can always call the mold professionals at All Dry USA for an assessment of your property.